$18.00 an hour Starting Pay! Tyler Pipe, one of the Nations largest Cast Iron Pipe Manufacturers has an immediate opening for a Customer Order Processor in our New Jersey Distribution Center. Our Team Members utilize pick sheets to assemble customer orders of cast iron plumbing pipe utilizing fork lifts. Loads and assembled orders are shipped either by freight truck, UPS or FedEx.
The position performs the following duties:
1. Assemble orders according to pick sheets / invoices from shipping office and travels over storage yard and warehouse, placing needed orders into containers by hand or use of fork truck. Moves container or prepares orders to position at loading sites and tags order by customer name, city and truck number.
2. Accurately fills orders by inspecting and counting orders as they are loaded, records count on invoice and loading sheet and positions products relative to weight distribution to meet intra-state and inter-state load specifications and to prevent breakage of material in transit.
3. Receives in and distributes a wide variety of products to the proper area of yard and warehouse for storage. Must know type and distribution & location of materials or products being handle to accurately fill customer orders and eliminate work stoppage and customer complaints.
4. Inspects and maintains fork truck according to safety regulations and turns in Safety inspection report daily to supervisor.
5. Responsible for keeping storage areas stacked properly and driving aisles cleared of all materials.
6. Assists in checking items as required by Sales Department and furnishes Sales with accurate information to be used in establishing delivery dates for customer orders.
7. Reports to supervisor on low or depleted inventories
8. Keeps work area safe, clean and orderly performs other miscellaneous duties as required
Must be adequately trained and certified as a fork truck operator.
Must have a broad knowledge of Company products and their location.
Must be able to read and communicate effectively invoices and pick tickets.
Must be detailed oriented to ensure paperwork is correct and shipping orders are minimized.